Sunday, May 12, 2019

"Super Bowl"


I've always enjoyed Henri Matisse's goldfish bowl paintings and thought I should take a stab at one. But first I needed some goldfish. So I went out and bought four of the little suckers for 40 cents. Well,  after spending $30 on a bowl and other supplies, I had my goldfish. This is a scene from my studio, which has the most amazing light all day long. The style is definitely more impressionistic than anything I've done before. One thing I've noticed is, goldfish sure crap a lot!

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I love the way you painted the fishbowl and goldfish -- better yet, I love the fact that you bought some goldfish so they can model for you. LOL. I had a goldfish for 8.5 years before it died. The trick is, if they start floating, feed them a little table salt and they'll be as good as new! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, I want to buy all of your art, but especially this one. Will you sell it to me? Realio trulio asking! You're a wonderful artist!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

"Steely Resolve"

  I haven't done an acrylic painting of a steel mill in a while. SO I thought I'd do another one.  I gave this one a looser treatmen...