Sunday, May 19, 2019

"Still Life With Power Tool"


I'd never really done a still life before and decided to attempt one. But what could I add that would be just slightly out of place? I had recently caught a mouse in a mousetrap, but that was already in the trash can, decomposing. So that was out of the question. How about some wrenches? Nah. Then it dawned on me while foraging around the tool area in our basement. The ol' Craftsman electric drill! Bingo! I think it compliments the oranges in the fruit bowl nicely. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Still-life is fun to paint! One time, I painted random objects in a piece which included a stapler, a Gameboy and a bottle of nail polish. I love the oddness to this photo, Mark!

    ReplyDelete

"Steely Resolve"

  I haven't done an acrylic painting of a steel mill in a while. SO I thought I'd do another one.  I gave this one a looser treatmen...