Sunday, November 24, 2019

"Barbie Car Joy Ride"


I had already used Mr. Potatohead in the painting "Still Life with Mr. Potatohead." But what could I do for an encore? My daughters had a Barbie limousine growing up. They just loved that car. And it was totally ridiculous, with a swimming pool in the back. So I decided to put the ol' spud in the driver's seat. Then I thought the lego kid would be a great companion for him. After I was done, I realized the living room background just didn't make any sense. So I painted the outdoor scene over it. I'm such a literal painter, it wasn't an easy task. But I think it works. Now, where am I going to paint him next? I think this may turn into a series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Steely Resolve"

  I haven't done an acrylic painting of a steel mill in a while. SO I thought I'd do another one.  I gave this one a looser treatmen...