Monday, March 30, 2020

"Ford Piquette Plant"


Like a lot of industrial sites in Detroit, this building sat neglected and abandoned for years and years. I'm not sure if the Ford Motor Company owned it, but it's been beautifully restored. It's one of the first factories Henry Ford built, before he came up with the idea of the assembly line. I believe Model A's were built here. If you're ever in the area, the tours of this beautiful factory are well worth your time. The docents are quite knowledgable. Our was a former Ford engineer who was also a car collector. In fact, a couple of his vehicles were on display. And the building is now being used for weddings and other festive occasions 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Steely Resolve"

  I haven't done an acrylic painting of a steel mill in a while. SO I thought I'd do another one.  I gave this one a looser treatmen...