Friday, September 18, 2020

"Barn No. 157"

 

A while back I asked a gallery owner what kinds of paintings sell and she told me barns and birch trees. Well, I've done my share of birch trees, so I thought I'd give barns a try. Not that I'm in the business of making money with my art. I've been fascinated by barns for ages. And in Michigan, they seem to be disappearing at an alarming rate--due to mega farms and the evil spread of ugly suburbia. So I've been venturing out on weekends in search of old barns. This is the first of many barn paintings to come. If you live in the Metro Detroit area and know of any picturesque barns, feel free to email me the info!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Steely Resolve"

  I haven't done an acrylic painting of a steel mill in a while. SO I thought I'd do another one.  I gave this one a looser treatmen...