Wednesday, April 28, 2021

"Be Right Back"

 

We have a couple old rotary dial phones in our basement collecting dust. I haven't done a still life in a while so I thought I'd use one in a painting. Then I thought I'd make a little story out of it. I imagined someone have a late-night conversation and needing to go grab a snack or something. Hence the title. This phone reminds me of when our daughters were young. They had a friend over one day and she asked me if she could use our phone so I handed her this one. She stared at it for a minute, totally flummoxed. I asked her if there was a problem and she said, "Mister,  how do you use one of these things"? I nearly busted a gut laughing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Steely Resolve"

  I haven't done an acrylic painting of a steel mill in a while. SO I thought I'd do another one.  I gave this one a looser treatmen...