Wednesday, June 16, 2021

"Shadow of the Rose"

 

Mid-morning, I noticed these deep shadows against our neighbor's house. And I liked the way the shadow of my survivor rose looked at the bottom. I call it that because I bought the rose several years ago and it did nothing for months. So I yanked it out of the ground and left it on a pile of weeks, just waiting for trash day. The day before I put it out I noticed it was blooming, bare roots and all. I figured if it had that much of a will to not only survive, but bloom, it certainly deserved a place in my garden. So I planted it next to our driveway. And it's done pretty well for itself ever since. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Steely Resolve"

  I haven't done an acrylic painting of a steel mill in a while. SO I thought I'd do another one.  I gave this one a looser treatmen...