Thursday, April 28, 2022

"Kovacs Bar-Delray"

 

I've got wonderful memories of this place. It's was a Gypsy bar located in southwest Detroit, or Delray. Everything in the place was priced at $1! Beer,, burgers, fries, shots. And they had this great Gypsy trio playing. a standup bass, violin, and a cymbelum. The violinist and bass player would go from table to table, serenading the patrons. What a great place. I think it's long gone. I did this painting from an old, blurry snapshot I found on an on-line document that tells the whole history of Kovacs. If you'd like to read about its history:  https://www.michigan.gov/-/media/Project/Websites/MDOT/Bates/Bates2018/Historic_Properties_Documentation_Kovacs_Bar.pdf?rev=4348018dac2e477d8b5cbfccaf022529

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Steely Resolve"

  I haven't done an acrylic painting of a steel mill in a while. SO I thought I'd do another one.  I gave this one a looser treatmen...