Thursday, June 2, 2022

"American Motors HQ"

 

I recently read about this site being targeted for development. I never knew the old American Motors Corporate Headquarters and factory still existed. It's right in the heart of a Detroit neighborhood! So I finally got around to visiting it. Out in back was a huge pile of rubble and I managed to grab some bricks along with a couple of interesting concrete pieces. 
I've been interested in the watercolor paintings of the artist Richard Hall who I follow on IG. I decided to start exploring this medium and have to thank him for inspiring this style of sketch-painting! It's pretty loose, which fits in with the way I've been painting lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Steely Resolve"

  I haven't done an acrylic painting of a steel mill in a while. SO I thought I'd do another one.  I gave this one a looser treatmen...