Saturday, June 15, 2019

"Georgia On My Mind"


"Stop!" That's one of the many lessons I'm learning about painting. When I was almost done with this one, I decided to make the right hand side a little more "interesting." So I started adding a line or to here. And some color there. And finally, it was a mess. I thought it might grow in me if I slept on it. However, when I woke up, I knew it looked all wrong so I immediately painted over it plain yellow, like it was before I screwed it up. And the title? A modest reference to Georgia O'Keeffe. Not that my work could ever get close to one of her masterpieces. But I do find her inspiring.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Steely Resolve"

  I haven't done an acrylic painting of a steel mill in a while. SO I thought I'd do another one.  I gave this one a looser treatmen...