Saturday, June 1, 2019

"Once, was a gas station..."


Our fair city of Detroit has large tracts of land that were once viable neighborhoods. I'm sure it'll see a comeback someday. Maybe even in my lifetime. In the meantime, it's fun to drive around and document the current state of what I like to call, "The Detroit Prairies." This abandoned gas station was across the street from a beautiful, shuttered Catholic church and a block from the shed of an old farmer's market.  I can just picture a couple of old geezers, sitting on milk crates, shootin' the breeze in front of this business. Who knows? It might be repurposed as a candy store or something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Steely Resolve"

  I haven't done an acrylic painting of a steel mill in a while. SO I thought I'd do another one.  I gave this one a looser treatmen...