Sunday, September 15, 2019

"ThistleFest"


One of the weirder things I've seen while on a nature hike. This was at Stony Creek Metropark. In a huge field, I noticed this bunch of thistle. And we're talking some major league thistle. These things were six or seven feet tall. They looked like something from outer space. So I took a photo for reference and this is the painting I came up with. The photo doesn't capture what it really looks like. Even after paying around with photoshop, the colors are still off. Oh well. Now I see why painters are  skeptical about photographing their work. And I'm amazed at how far off famous paintings look even in expensive art books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Steely Resolve"

  I haven't done an acrylic painting of a steel mill in a while. SO I thought I'd do another one.  I gave this one a looser treatmen...